Greetings First Graders and Parents,
I want to welcome you and your child to first grade. First grade is a very exciting year. Your child will grow socially, emotionally and academically in so many ways. My name is Mindy Canalori and I'm a first grade English teacher at JCD. I'm excited to start this school year with your child.
Over summer vacation, I enjoyed spending time with my husband, two children and our little Yorkie . It has been a busy start to the school year for my own children. My son Christian is a junior at The Sound School and my daughter Melina is a 7th grader. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and hearing about your summer vacation.
Welcome to first grade! My name is Kacey Mason and I am so excited to say that I will be teaching alongside Mrs. Canalori this year! We will both have our own literacy groups (more information to follow on that!) and I will co-teach with Mrs. Canalori in the afternoon. I am excited and look forward to a wonderful year filled with learning and fun!
Over summer vacation, I also enjoyed spending time with my husband and three children. We spent some time traveling and spent lots of time in our pool! My daughter, Zoe, is starting second grade and my twins, Lilli and Noah, will be in kindergarten
* We will update the 1st grade blog on the JCD website weekly.
* If there is a change in the way your child goes home, please send in a note. *Please bring ID if your child is going to be picked up.
As parents ourselves, we believe in strong teacher/parent communication. We’re looking forward to our partnership to make this a great year for your child. I can be reached via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or (475) 220-3600. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Supply list for English and Spanish
- 1 two pocket folder (This will stay in school to be used as their writing folder)
- Optional: tissues for the classroom
- Do not send in personal supplies such as pencils, sharpeners, markers or crayons.
- We will provide your child with a school/home notebook that they will have to bring back and forth daily.
We will have a great school year!
Mrs. Canalori and Mrs. Mason