Week of November 27, 2017in 5th
Welcome back after a well-deserved, long weekend!! I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends!! I hope you didn't eat too much food!! I know I sure did!!
Now that everyone is coming out of their food comas, here are the lessons for this week:
Language Arts-Week of November 27, 2017:
In Reading, students will switch from fiction texts to non-fiction texts and articles. Their new CORE novel is called, Hana's Suitcase. This is a true story that takes place on three continents over a period of almost seventy years. It brings together the experiences of a girl and her family in Czechoslovakia in the 1930's and 1940's and those of a young woman and a group of children in Tokyo, Japan, and a man in Toronto, Canada, in modern times.
In Writing, students will choose a topic that they are interested in, to research about. Students will use books, articles, websites and video clips to find information about their topic.
Homework for this week:
- Students will work on their Reading Log everynight.
- They must read for at least 30 minutes each night.
- They will write a summary everynight.
- Students will write 3 new or interesting words everynight.
- They must have a parent sigh each night.
- Homework is due: Friday, December 01, 2017
In Other News:
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - Student picture re-take day
5TH GRADE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!