Week of December 11, 2017in 6th
Welcome to another full week! I hope everyone enjoyed the unexpected surprise on Saturday, SNOW!! I hope everyone was able to spend some time with their families playing in the snow!
Here are the lessons for this week:
Language Arts-Week of December 11, 2017:
In Reading, students are continuing to read articles and watch short video clips on the great fire of Chicago in 1871. Students will continue to take notes and ask questions, using their "Cornell Notes" graphic organizer. They will then work in a small group to figure out the main idea and support it with details from the article or video.
In Writing, we will go to the library so the students can continue to research about their topic they will be writing on. Students have chosen a famous person in history, an event in history, a country, a science topic (space, etc.) or a sport to research about. Students will first take these notes using a "Cornell Notes" graphic organizer, then they will type these notes on their Google Doc account.
Homework for this week:
- 6th grade Reading Log
- Read for 30 minutes everynight
- Each night, students will answer a different question (character's actions, character's thoughts, character's feelings, and summary.)
- Parents must sign the reading log
- Reading Logs are due on: Friday, December 15, 2017
In Other News:
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - Annual Ziti Dinner (5:30 - 7:00 PM)
- NO 21st Century on the following days this week:
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Friday, December 15, 2017
6TH GRADE STUDENTS AND FAMILIES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!